Tuesday 24 September 2024

115.A sip of intoxication

 



A sip of intoxication*


Situation in life can be unfavorable 

Motive to divert mind and be stable 


Mind diversion when leads to incorrect choice

Could give temporary pleasure even in noise 


Feel good harmones triggers with each toxic sip 

Eventually leads to sailing in aimless ship


Happiness string would no more be with us

Lack of focus is a demerit plus 


Coming out from addiction is a challenge 

This can be achieved by lifestyle change 


One of the sips of intoxication I tasted 

Sharing how my time and energy in this is wasted 


My peer who discussed her life gossip 

Over few popcorns and a coffee sip 


Little did I know this would be in line 

List of intoxication sip of mine


When she disturbed in between work and I said I can't

Yet she persuaded me as if I am her agony aunt 


I agree, her breakup can be one of her toughest phase 

But I am not her punching bag in any case


For her I was a sip of intoxication 

To vent out and get some relaxation 


If I was her therapist, I would be a millionaire by now 

I tried to give her all solution and then again she asks why and how 


Coming out of this toxic circle is tough 

Blocking her on my part would be rough 


A lot of drain in energy I feel 

Sip of intoxication now no longer appeal


Coming out of this loop is indeed a challenge 

Each day is a fresh page

I will and I can come out of this cage 


A sip of intoxication is a poky knife 

Such experience is indeed a lesson for life!!!


©️✍️ Priyanka Kamath 

24 September 2024


Review:-

Incredible 🔥

A beautiful, inspiring and thoughtful poem that warns of the dangers of toxic relationships. Its tone is reflective and cautionary, highlighting the potential dangers of allowing others to consume your time and energy. It is divided into several stanzas, each of which explores a different aspect of the subject. The rhythm is smooth and flowing, the message is relevant and timely, and it could serve as a cautionary tale. Good job🔥

Keep inking

Keep inspiring 🔥

@⁨Priyanka Kamath⁩


No comments:

Post a Comment

117. Housewife

  Housewife* Term housewife has evolved over time  The essence of being a homemaker and outshine  I wonder if working in corporate would tag...