Monday 9 September 2024

113. Irascible hearts flame


 Irascible hearts flame*


I lost my job because of my anger lame

Let's uncover my story of irascible heart flame


In the fight between heart and mind

Choosing heart is always my find


I speak out everything without filter 

And realise only when I rethink over a coffee filter 


So my job in big four is still close to my heart 

This is my first job here and my lifes part


Three years here I was just doing codes

Whereas I could have achieved many milestone mode 


If I would ask my team to give me a chance to learn when free 

They would tell me that they aren't asked to teach me


Asking my manager I was literally drained

She would say that at right time I would be trained


The peer who joined recently was trained on all task

And why I was inefficient was the management's ask 


Then my manager sat next to me 

And said that operations task is not meant for me 


I said that I love my work and I am sincere 

I have always worked on the feedback and been transparent without fear 


Then came the all star awards turn

Purposely excluding my name from list was indeed a inner burn


I was although hinted about my exit 

I thought the opportunity to reply fit 


I told my manager that what she did to me was not right 


Isolating me for task and even prize was taken as a personal fight 


I told her she is bias and didn't do good 

Giving me my share of recognition was the least she could 


But then the things I told her in rage 

Resulted me in signing the termination page 


The most difficult part of this anger rant

Was even difficulty in changing department


Because my manager had put a poor rating 

And overcoming the same was a difficult setting 


I had to pay a high price for being tough 

And during the phase of my notice period working phase was rough 


Somehow I managed to work in other team 

performance based I am granted extension no less than a dream 


Since we are branch of same company tree

My previous manager happens to see me in pantry


Initial days were tough for us 

I used to find ways not to meet eyes 


But then two days back when I met 

I smiled as our eyes glued to each other set


It was awkward but we greeted beyond 

Like a broken glass with fevikol rebond


Although I know I can't drink with a broken base

But yes in my minds showcase I may keep her as memory phase 


So anger had made my jolly nature into bitter art

Also it had induced a sense of discomfort 


But one smile worked as a magic bliss

As I replaced my anger to forgiveness


Keeping grudge doesn't heal 

Winning an arguement is not a big deal 


After anger effect is a strange feel

I ended up being sad,upset and lack of zeal


Universe gave me a chance to restart 

I know life is not fair but it's ones karmic accounts part 


Even now I know I may not be my managers favourite 

But then handling diplomatically is a art


Same matter for which I was fighting over now seems lame 


This is one of my stories on my Irascible hearts flame !!!


©️ ✍️Priyanka Kamath 

09/09/2024

Feedback 

Amazing 🔥

Highlighting topics of conflict, discrimination and the importance of emotional intelligence at the workplace, the story brilliantly provided valuable insights and personal perspectives. A positive message about ultimately forgiving and moving on, despite facing challenges, is commendable. Using figurative language and imagery effectively added to its beauty 🔥

Keep inking 

Keep inspiring 🔥

@⁨Priyanka Kamath⁩



No comments:

Post a Comment

117. Housewife

  Housewife* Term housewife has evolved over time  The essence of being a homemaker and outshine  I wonder if working in corporate would tag...