Saturday 15 June 2024

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you. 


As I was walking

Down life's highway 

Many years ago


I came upon a

Sign that read


Heavens Grocery Store..


When I got a

Little closer


The doors swung

Open wide


And when I came

To myself


I was standing

Inside..


I saw a host of

Angels.


They were 

Standing everywhere


One handed me a

Basket


And said 'My

Child shop with care..'


Everything a

Human needed

Was in that

Grocery store


And what you

Could not carry

You could come

Back for more


First I got some

Patience.


Love was in that

Same row.


Further down was

Understanding,

You need that

Everywhere you go..


I got a box or

Two of Wisdom 

And Faith a bag

Or two.


And Charity of

Course

I would need some

Of that too..


I couldn't miss

The Holy Ghost

It was all over

The place.


And then some

Strength

And Courage to 

Help me run this race.


My basket was

Getting full

But I remembered

I needed Grace,


And then I chose

Salvation for

Salvation was for

Free


I tried to get

Enough of that to do

For you and me..


Then I started to

The counter

To pay my grocery

Bill,


For I thought I

Had everything

To do the Masters

Will.


As I went up the

Aisle

I saw Prayer and

Put that in , 


For I knew when I

Stepped outside

I would run into

Sin.


Peace and Joy

Were plentiful,

The last things

On the shelf.


Song and Praise

Were hanging near

So I just helped

Myself. 


Then I said to

The angel


'Now how much do

I owe?'


He smiled and

Said


'Just take them all

Everywhere you go.'


Again I asked

'Really now,


How much do I 

Owe?'


'My child' he

Said , 'God paid your bill

A long long time

Ago.'


This poem has

Been sent to you

With love and for 

Blessings.


- Sheryl Kamath 

No comments:

Post a Comment

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...