Wednesday, 7 October 2026

350. Prompt Red dupatta

 The bus story yesterday taught me to me alert to save me 

Red Dupatta is a metaphor for red flags to identify,deal and be free 

As I sat down in my cab , I was reflecting on things happen at workplace this day

There is my senior,let's name him HK 

He was calling me to wherever he was seated all the while 

There was nothing important to discuss and my work was pending in pile 

His some comments seemed very odd and didn't seem sincere

And I am adjusting to the new work culture in new place here 

Some of his comments were repetitive one

Example - he had mentioned earlier if Kamat restaurant was as per my surname

So I said if Salman khan is his relative as per his surname 

So he got offended on remarks same 

He had asked me what is my qualification which I had told 

But today again he asked same question and I felt like repeated episode 

He asked if I am on social media ,I said yes , I do reels sometime

His response is do you dance like kachha badam girl style 

He is a red flag but I am assigned to learn work from him every 

Hence I can't be rude but I should know to draw my boundary 

Next he commented on my profile picture and said is this a click from this year

Instead of replying directly , I counter questioned him 'why' without any fear

I understand that when I am soft and kind 

People take me from granted as they assume I don't mind 

But I guess I should learn to identify the red dupatta and neatly pin 

And be strict and draw my margin 

Being afraid or crying is not a solution 

Especially when I see from people's eye on their intention

 Doing duty nicely ,Facing them being brave and fierce 

Handling with positive mindset ,all these sort of peers !!


©️✍️ 

Priyanka Kamath 

7 Oct 2026


No comments:

Post a Comment

350. Prompt Red dupatta

 The bus story yesterday taught me to me alert to save me  Red Dupatta is a metaphor for red flags to identify,deal and be free  As I sat do...