Thursday, 8 October 2026

351. Prompt - Broken watch

 Broken watch



 In bus as I sat recalling the instance of dupatta red 


My mind recalled my broken watch story in just seconds


I lost my job because of my anger lame


Let's uncover my story of irascible heart flame



In the fight between heart and mind


Choosing heart is always my find




I speak out everything without filter 


And realise only when I rethink over a coffee filter 




So my job in big four is still close to my heart 


This is my first job here and my lifes part




Three years here I was just doing codes


Whereas I could have achieved many milestone mode 




If I would ask my team to give me a chance to learn when free 


They would tell me that they aren't asked to teach me




Asking my manager I was literally drained


She would say that at right time I would be trained




The peer who joined recently was trained on all task


And why I was inefficient was the management's ask 




Then my manager sat next to me 


And said that operations task is not meant for me 




I said that I love my work and I am sincere 


I have always worked on the feedback and been transparent without fear 




Then came the all star awards turn


Purposely excluding my name from list was indeed a inner burn




I was although hinted about my exit 


I thought the opportunity to reply fit 




I told my manager that what she did to me was not right 




Isolating me for task and even prize was taken as a personal fight 




I told her she is bias and didn't do good 


Giving me my share of recognition was the least she could 




But then the things I told her in rage 


Resulted me in signing the termination page 




The most difficult part of this anger rant


Was even difficulty in changing department




Because my manager had put a poor rating 


And overcoming the same was a difficult setting 




I had to pay a high price for being tough 


And during the phase of my notice period working phase was rough 




Somehow I managed to work in other team 


performance based I am granted extension no less than a dream 




Since we are branch of same company tree


My previous manager happens to see me in pantry




Initial days were tough for us 


I used to find ways not to meet eyes 




But then two days back when I met 


I smiled as our eyes glued to each other set




It was awkward but we greeted beyond 


Like a broken watch with fevikol rebond




Although I know I may not see time with a broken base


But yes in my minds showcase I may keep her as memory phase 




So anger had made my jolly nature into bitter art


Also it had induced a sense of discomfort 




But one smile worked as a magic bliss


As I replaced my anger to forgiveness




Keeping grudge doesn't heal 


Winning an arguement is not a big deal 




After anger effect is a strange feel


I ended up being sad,upset and lack of zeal




Universe gave me a chance to restart 


I know life is not fair but it's ones karmic accounts part 




Even now I know I may not be my managers favourite 


But then handling

 diplomatically is a art




Same matter for which I was fighting over now seems lame 




This is one of my stories how watch was broken but time showed same. 




©️ ✍️Priyanka Kamath 


No comments:

Post a Comment

351. Prompt - Broken watch

 Broken watch  In bus as I sat recalling the instance of dupatta red  My mind recalled my broken watch story in just seconds I lost my job b...