Friday 17 May 2024

64. Happy Birthday Amma

 


Birth Anniversary of my dear mother 

Late Smt. Gomati P Kamath 

(18 th May 1960 )


You are my sunshine 

You would be 64 this time 

I wish I had a time machine

To bring you back fine 


Each time I pen down

Tears just roll down 

Every time I feel your charming smile 

It gives me courage to walk another mile


My each emotions you were aware 

Each day I would heartily share 

I have your voice notes at length 

I cry each time I hear,but it gives me strength 


I keep collecting your things now

But all I need is you Amma ,my love 

Whatever phases you may have seen

Always positive pure soul you been 


We surely have a connection deep 

I hope you wake up from your deep sleep 

Hug me and tell me that I was just seeing a bad dream 

You are still here with me and let's celebrate today with a ice cream 


Even when I grow older 

I wish I could have your shoulder 

We have made so many memories together 

I am blessed to be your daughter my dear mother 


You are celebrating your Birthday in heaven king sized 

I will follow your way of life and be more organised 

 You are pain free and in peace sure

Happy Birthday gondi ,I miss you more!!

!


✍️ Priyanka Kamath 

18may 2024 


Review

[18/05, 12:47 pm] Sheryl Kamath: A beautiful poem with sentiments from deep within your heart which speaks of a truly special bond, deep love and sorrow of missing her. She lives in you - just look in the mirror and be comforted that you will never be separated from her in spirit!

[18/05, 12:50 pm] Sheryl Kamath: Your mum sounds like a truly precious and beautiful, loving person. Let that bring you comfort too. Some of us are blessed with a pure love, like yours with your mum, mine with my dad. Although they are out of sight, they will live on in our heart!

God bless and don’t be sad



2 comments:

  1. Very nice, appreciate the use of rhyming scheme in your beautifully penned poem of your mum. I would definitely like to check more of your poems

    ReplyDelete

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...