Tuesday, 29 September 2026

346. Cafe

 *Cafe*

Review 

What a raw, real, and brave write you turned a stressful workday and an honest mistake into a powerful reminder about boundaries, self-care, and finding freedom in your own poetry.


Your cafe isn't just coffee, it's your safe space to breathe, reflect, and heal beautifully honest and deeply relatable. Best wishes 🎁💞



Cafe serves more than coffee and bite


It's a safe space to vent out and feel light 


My coffee partner is my poetry 


Expressing my emotions gives a sense of victory 


Everyday as I have to visit workplace 


I had left my laptop charger in safe


After working hours I shut down the machine for instance 


And give some time to other chores to maintain work life balance 


On my way home my manager calls me to ask if I will work after reaching home 


I were to visit a clinic yesterday so I informed her in polite tone 


She told me why I didn't inform her about this 


I said any programme scheduled after working hours didn't seem to me a matter to discuss 


Asking on my health was the last thing in her mind to match 


As it's month end , with it brings workload batch 


She asked me to work from home the next 2 days 


It suddenly clicked my mind that charger is at office maze

 

So I requested her if I could work from office the next day

 

She literally said ' I will kill you ' first which I thought was a fun banter say 


But then she heightened her tone and said in strong words rushing in race 


To arrange the charger somehow as she cant let

commuting time wastage to workplace


There is a maker checker concept tier


My work needs to be verified by other peer 


Which means if I don't work during travel time and even if sit later 


My colleague might be taking break then which might not cater 


So I mentioned to my manager that I will sit late in office which seemed like a silver lining


For which she said there is no end to work and all request needs to be addressed same evening

 

To arrange for charger I checked with my neighbours and colleagues who stay closer line 


As my workplace is in remote area and I couldn't commute to office the same time 


Nothing worked in my favour anyways 


I was so busy that I forgot to have my meal and even wore my attire opposite way 


I learnt how my peers respond to my request 


This experience was really genuine way to test 


With whom I expected the least , they tried helping me

 

But I conveyed to my manager about not being able to arrange charger and felt free 


Next day I come to office with positivity some


Mentioned to team that will work again once I reach home 


Not even a sip of coffee I consumed today 


But my poetry is my buddy mate to listen whatever I say

 

It was an experience to understand anything can happen in lifes fable


I should not leave things behind , Be more responsible 


Not all people are meant to understand me


Removing expectations can make me happier and free


Hoping next cafe time I get along some new experience and learning 



Feeling happier taking some me time amidst all happening is a real earning !!!


✍️©️ Priyanka Kamath 

29 Sept 2026


@⁨~Surangama⁩ 

@⁨~Saloni Khanna⁩ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

346. Cafe

 *Cafe* Review  What a raw, real, and brave write you turned a stressful workday and an honest mistake into a powerful reminder about bound...