Sunday 21 April 2024

44.Earrings

 Earrings *




My mom had given me her first earnings which is a earring of gold


My father had made efforts to keep ready my wedding jewellery of gold 


This is a instance of 2017 when attended my cousin's wedding buzz


I paired my mom's earrings with the jhumka which dad made and went in bus 


The wind was too much 


I didn't notice such 


But as I my stop was approaching I felt something is missing for sure


I was in panic when I saw my one side of earring was not there anymore 


Firstly it has sentimental value old 


Secondly its valuable as is made of gold 


I was not sure if the earrings fell outside bus due to wind 


Or do I hope to search within bus and find 


Finally beneath my seat I found the jhumka hanging


And the earring was covered with the dirt ready to swing 


I can't remember how much I thanked god for getting me something I thought I almost lost 


I could never estimate the amount of loss at any cost 


By this I took the learning to never wear precious jewellery when choosing public transport 


I need to be cautious, careful and be ready to face any issue if ever happens of similar sort 


Earrings for me not just adds beauty 


It also gives me confidence and helps me perform well in my duty 


Especially when I am too low ,I wear the one that mom gave


It instantly boosts up my confidence and from extreme situations it saves


The topic on earrings brought back my memories old 


And also the learnings I took when I lost my earrings of gold !!!


✍️ Priyanka Kamath 

21 April 2024 

Instagram -priyankakamath7 



Feedback 


A beautiful story is engaging and relatable, with a clear message about being cautious with valuable items in public settings. It effectively combines personal experience with a lesson learned, making it both entertaining and instructive❤️

@⁨Priyanka Kamath⁩





No comments:

Post a Comment

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...