Monday 22 April 2024

47.Memories with my Cat


 *Memories with my Cat *


(My following poetry was written 10 years ago . I had so many cats right from my childhood. Once such cat was my dear baby Akkhu .)



Akkhu baba is so charming and dear      

We may stay apart, still our heart is near


My little cat is understanding and kind

He has always a questioning mind


He feared the stranger cat chase

And shifted to my friends place


We kept his share of fish

And missed his lovely kiss


Its over three months now

We miss his dear ‘meow’


My friend was kind enough to feed it

And give me his updates when I need it


She kept him in a room

I was about to see him soon


I took along fish few

Heard his mesmerizing ‘meow’


I realised as I came close

He still miss me, I didn’t lose


We missed each others sight

I hugged him tighttt…


His eyes still expressive

For my words he’s responsive


I had in my eyes tears

Blessed were we, above all fears


I miss him deep from hearts core

He love me four times more…


He was rubbing his head against mine

As if expressing ‘shed no tears, I’m fine’


I opened my box of fish

He happily had his dish


When I was about to leave

He bit my sleeve


As a gesture not to leave

Hugged tighter, the moment to relive

In response his sweet kiss

Was really no less, a bliss


I wanted him back

But courage in him still lack


He is already set over there

And gives them too his love’s share


True love is not to force

And pull back to source


His happiness is mine

When he is ok,I’m fine

 

Its all about he being good

Being safe and having food


Left with a promise to meet him soon

To see him safe and happy is a boon


I came home with a sigh of relief

He will come back home is my belief !!!



✍️ Priyanka Kamath 

23 April 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...