Tuesday 19 March 2024

17. A letter to my younger self

 


Dear Sweetheart,


Why are you smiling? Are you again in Love ?


Please not again,In folded hands I bow 


Sweetie,You are repeating your Mistake


Make new ones ,there are plenty ,For God's sake !!


You are doing well, stop trying to impress


Don't overdo stuff ,They may give you stress 


Stop being Possessive and let live the poor thing 


Rather plug in your earphones, dance to any tune and sing 


TV serial that you are watching is too toxic 


It's making you an over emotional chic


Don't do CA if you really want to be Doctor


Stop overthinking and work on skill factor


Now even if I write you anything


You will end up doing your own thing 


Then I know you say 'Sorry ' 100 time


As if you have done some Crime 


You don't need any validation


You are unique gods creation 


I am sending you lots of hugs my dear 


You are beautiful,strong and have determination sheer 


Whenever you feel upset ,rather then pinging others and repeating trend 


I am always here , write to me, I am your best friend.


Everything will eventually be fine 


Believe In yourself and shine!!


✍️ Priyanka Kamath

18 March 2024 

Priyankakamath7

No comments:

Post a Comment

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...