Friday 15 March 2024

5. super supper

 


super supper* 🥣


I never waste food 

I value it and be it average taste or good


I visited a local cricket match fun 

Food was served based on coupon


Organisers mentioned to stuff all in one  food plate 


And bonus announcement was that only once we could fill this plate 


I stood in the long queue 


However I see the items were few 


I am not a great fan of non veg diet


but I eat chicken once in a moonlight 


The chicken pieces were so hard like stone


And the bread was like a tile slab unknown 


The veg Option was named mix veggie innovator 


The veggie was uncooked and gravy was just water 


Since I had expectations of a nice supper dream 


I filled up the plate with layers till brim 


I couldn't eat this ,but couldn't waste it either alone 


So I dumped in food as if my stomach was a dumping zone 


After that on one hand the match is going on in ground till late 


And other one ,me taking multiple rounds of the  ground to digest what I just ate


Food wastage is definitely bad

Many ppl don't even get to eat,it's sad


I need to be watchful of food intake


Anything in over is equal to poison Intake 


This lesson is bit embarrassing but was need of time 


Healthy mind resides in body sane 


Controlling food for a foodie is of course a pain 


Unhealthy eating would just lead to weight gain


But this incident makes me realise


That healthy and limited eating nice 


That I can earn  for to self this prize!!!


✍️ Priyanka kamath

26 Feb 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...