Friday 15 March 2024

7.My Monkey mind

 *My Monkey mind* 



If I am the hero of my beautiful life 


Then I wonder who is this villain with a knife?


This day when I was feeling low and upset 


I tried to figure out rewinding my cassette


This cassette is my inner conscience


It has my emotion bank right from being kind till being anxious


I understood the villain in life is my monkey mind 


It doesnt feel to settle and has always something to find 


I explored reasons for being cranky this instance 


I get that I was focusing on the diagnosis and not the cure 


I was making myself a victim of circumstance and not trying to come out for sure 


I was sympathetic with self and was ok to feel sick 


Constantly feeding my Monkey mind to be toxic 


It has reached a stage where my Monkey mind would take me anywhere 


I would be dancing in it's tune it share


I did one exercise this day for a minute 


To think of nothing and be silent


I realised how my monkey mind has pre occupied me 


I need a lot of practice to be back victorious Me 


This poetry is like a manifestation for me to progress


To accept my vices and be alert of my thought process 


Hey Monkey mind !!! The string of my life is with you ,will fight to take back to me  


Let not my vices overshadow the good in me !!!



✍️ Priyanka Kamath

17/02/2024


English

Insta id : Priyankakamath7

No comments:

Post a Comment

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...