Friday 15 March 2024

9.Mountain out of mole hill

 *Mountain out of mole hill* 


Always !! May be mmmm.... sometimes


My Human tendency to be the Hero of my own story


Even at times 


If I am wrong , I may expect opposite person to say a sorry 


Not each bashing I get in my office is Politics


Nothing personal.... It can be mere critics 


My boss asked me for a Report details fast 


This audit client I had handled in year last 


I somehow couldn't answer her exact query


She sarcastically smirked and here started my worry 


I am someone who is easily hurt and overthinks a lot 


For a change this day I thought


What is the skill that is lacking in me 


Attention to detail is what she was seeking from me 


Any circumstance there is something to learn 


My boss didn't even scold me why m I being a jerk ??


It was after all just a sarcastic smirk 


I was wondering what's bothering me more or less 


Is it my ego which is building up the stress ? 


Did I feel bad that I had no answer little


Or did I felt insulted when she belittled 


This is how I am overcoming my overthinking


I gave my thought a chance to keep making stories and linking 


I concluded my boss is not even thinking about me right now 


And here I am stressing over , getting older with wrinkles ..wowww!


Happened is happened, dusted and done


Tomorrow again boss will continue to ask question another one 


Dedicated work , practice and alertness- I can master this way 


Which will give me that confidence and say 


Let not little things be so empowered 


Let my actions speak louder than word


This poem says it all how I make mountain out of mole hill


I need to let go and be more chill !!!





✍️ Priyanka Kamath

5 March 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...