Friday 15 March 2024

1. *Poetry about my poetry*

 *Poetry about my poetry* 


I am jack of all but master of none 

My poetry journey began with rhymes and fun


In school assignments my poetry was mere rhyme word

Something like 'nerd matches with Bird'


Those poems didn't have meaning except rhyme

For me appreciation was a major factor that time


Eventually my focus changed from impressing to expressing

I use to vent out my feelings through poems than suppressing


Soon as I grew poetry wasn't my priority

I completely forgot it amidst my duty


As I sat one day to write a poem

I could no more find within me this gem


I could barely write anything that made sense

Now its time for me explore and to break this fence


I take this opportunity

to express journey about my poetry 


As an attempt to convey my inner core

To 'Believe in myself ' a little more !!




✍️ Priyanka Kamath

10 Feb 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

101. A poem for me

 A lovely poem for you.  As I was walking Down life's highway  Many years ago I came upon a Sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.. When ...